Duration : Half Day
Tour Type :
Starts / Ends : Hoi An / Hoi An
Tour Route: Hoi An
Met up at Hai Scout Café at 98, Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, we have a drink for a short time then we visit Hoi An colorful market to experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration).
After the lesson, we sit down and eat exactly what we have cooked.
Recipes (our food contains no MSG):
1. Making fresh Rice paper
2. Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
3. Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs & a Peanut Sauce
4. Seafood Salad with mixed Vietnamese Herbs served in Half a Pineapple
5. Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
6. Food Decoration – Tomato Rose & Vietnamese Cucumber Hand Fan
* Lunch includes the above meals as well as:
Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Freshly Chopped Vegetables (not included in the demonstration)
* A vegetarian lunch can be provided on request.
• Finish at approximately 1pm – transfer back to central Hoi An.